Verstand AI is growing its cloud engineering practice and is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer with AWS production experience. As a Senior DevOps Engineer for Verstand you will have the opportunity to work on both external client projects as well as internal Verstand data product development. For both areas, you will be responsible for designing, delivering, and maintaining components that meet stakeholder requirements and enable “generally available” enterprise data application releases.
As part of a team, you will work with data engineers, data warehouse, machine learning and business intelligence engineers across multiple industries and address varied business and public policy challenges in North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific Regions—all while growing your skills across multiple cloud platforms and learning new technologies.
- Collaborate to build a three-tier architecture (Presentation, Application and Data Tier) with support from a specialized engineering team.
- Lead the team in effective CI/CD pipeline, repository, and git management practices.
- Design, build, test and deploy highly scalable, resilient, cost-effective, and secure cloud-based solution using AWS public cloud technologies.
- Ability to analyze use cases and design an optimal technical solution with reasoning behind technology and configuration choices.
- Design, build, test and deploy highly scalable, (IoC) Infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation that accurately describes all aspects of the cloud.
- Participate in tool and vendor evaluations, taking ownership of key architecture decisions. Keeps abreast of and research new technologies.
- Help establish a clear, consistent technology vision through collaboration and enablement.
- Participate in business-driven technology projects leveraging agile and iterative development practices to satisfy schedule, cost, and scope considerations.
- Proactively use tools and automation to identify troublesome areas as they develop on systems and network; analyze trends and develop a plan to solve problems and prevent their recurrence; automate manual tasks using cloud-native methods.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing within a broader Technology team and develop strong working relationships.
- Stay informed on initiatives across the industry and the enterprise to help product owners and IT leadership effectively prioritize.
Candidates should be able to speak to their experience with all or most of the following technologies/technical concepts.
- VPC/Security Groups
- Network Load Balancing
- CloudFormation/Serverless Application Management (SAM)
- API Gateway
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- 4+ years of progressive working experience with deploying, operating, and maintaining solutions in AWS public cloud environment
- Experience leading project teams, directing work, developing requirements working with business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
EXPERIENCE THAT SETS YOU APART
- HIPAA Compliant Applications
WHY WORK AT VERSTAND?
All successful Verstand staff share a love for solving interesting problems. As a data team, Verstand staff get to work in many different fields, ranging from healthcare to finance, energy to insurance, and public policy to law enforcement.
The above said, we can guarantee that you will never stop learning! Our energetic and engaging environment will help you tackle the hardest problems as part of a highly cooperative team. So, if that sounds interesting, we’d love to hear from you.
Verstand AI is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and benefits. The firm’s goal is to make data manageable for its clients and provide the means for both commercial success and social good. To that end, Verstand staff have opportunities to work in multiple business verticals and take part in data for social benefit programs.