Verstand AI is a decision science firm that helps clients optimize their data infrastructure for better decision making and automation, while also developing data software products for enterprise use. Verstand is a cutting-edge organization that blends Ph.D. theory with real world practical experience by using the latest cloud technologies, machine learning and AI techniques.
As a remote first firm, Verstand operates throughout the United States but has plans to expand to both Europe and the Asia Pacific region. We welcome expressions of interest from career seeking candidates and are now looking to hire machine learning engineers with product development and model deployment experience.
POSITION HIGHLIGHTS & CHALLENGES
Verstand is looking for engineers that enjoy creating innovative solutions to complex challenges within several business and public policy domains. With the common denominator across all near-term future projects being the use of sensor data, our next machine learning engineer hires will have the opportunity to work on developing data products and machine learning models in the fields of IoT, industrial manufacturing and system monitoring. Both areas involve the extensive use of waveform sensor data and Verstand will need the help of experienced data professionals that understand that machine learning is critical to understanding and processing massive datasets.
As a machine learning engineer on our sensor team, you’ll work with a team to identify and validate use cases as well as train, test, deploy, and maintain models that learn from sensor data. You will need to understand when to use statistical analyses along with machine learning techniques to deliver customer facing SaaS solutions to the market. In this role, you’ll also be working with senior Verstand management on product roadmaps. You will own and define the direction of solutions by applying best-fit ML algorithms and technologies. As an integral part of the team, you’ll collaborate with Verstand product owners, agile scrum masters, data engineers, and front-end developers while also being introduced to customer stakeholders in order to develop an understanding of the business use case.
If you have the drive and desire to join a small but growing firm to deliver important solutions that make a difference and be noticed from day one, we’d love to have you at Verstand. You’ll be appreciated, and we’ll invest in your future. This position is a remote first role, however, you’ll have the opportunity (strictly voluntary) to travel and visit both colleagues and stakeholders.
Please consider joining us. We think the world can’t wait for our solutions.
- Build real-world, mission-scale AI capabilities through solving practical engineering problems. You will work with machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Torch, and Caffe as well as modern programming languages.
- Build and work with data pipelines, ETL processes and backend systems.
- Utilize algorithms on large sets of structured and unstructured sensor data and apply results in pattern recognition, target detection, tracking, and decision systems.
- Use waveform data from multiple sensor inputs (temperature, pressure, x and y axis alignment as inputs into ML models to predict quality, failures and anomalies.
- Discover and define the processes, practices, and tools to support operationalizing AI for robust, secure, scalable, and human-centered mission capabilities.
- Identify and investigate emerging AI and AI-adjacent technologies that are rapidly transforming the technology, investing and business operations landscapes.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field. M.S. preferred.
- 4+ years of experience with Data Science, Machine Learning Engineering, or Postdoc Research for Machine Learning
- Machine learning experience, including linear, reinforcement learning, tree based, or deep learning-based methods and regularization approaches for each method.
- Experience with programming in Python, Java, or C++.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that can provide clarity to audiences.
EXPERIENCE THAT SETS YOU APART
- Experience with deploying machine learning models into a production environment.
- Experience in: Computer Vision, Scientific Computing, or Sensor Fusion
- Experience up and down sampling sensor data
- Experience or interest in IoT
- Experience leading technical solutioning.
- Experience presenting technical concepts or products to diverse audiences.
- Experience with SageMaker
- Knowledge of cloud systems, including AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Ability to create structure around ambiguous needs and manage competing priorities.
WHY WORK AT VERSTAND AI?
All successful Verstand staff share a love for solving interesting problems. As part of a data team, Verstand staff get to work in different fields, ranging from healthcare to finance, energy to insurance, and public policy to law enforcement. You’ll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career.
You’ll also be surrounded by a team that believes in open communication and collaboration. We believe in interacting and addressing issues instead of ignoring and letting them fester. Moreover, you’ll be given context behind the work you’re assigned to. You’ll get the big picture, direction and goals of an effort, even though you’ll be focusing on the details.
The above said, we can guarantee that you will never stop learning! Our energetic and engaging environment will help you tackle the hardest problems as part of a highly cooperative team. So, if that sounds interesting, and you’re dedicated to meet deadlines, while multi-tasking (and sometimes under pressure), we’d love to hear from you.
Verstand AI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and offers competitive compensation and benefits. The firm’s goal is to make data manageable for its clients and provide the means for both commercial success and driving social good.